How to Increase Your Home Value on a Budget
Posted: January 29, 2019 by Emily Saylor
When you're getting ready to sell your home there are several easy and inexpensive things you can do to increase your home value. Here's 10 things you can do now!
- Spruce up your yard - Take time to pull weeds, cut the grass, remove dead foliage, add some color by planting flowers that are in season.
- Give your walls a fresh coat of paint - Fresh paint makes any room seem new. Eliminate blemishes and prep the walls beore painting. Use neutral colors to appeal to the majority of buyers.
- Update cabinet handles and pulls - Purchase new cabinet handles and pulls for your kitchen and bath. Often using the same hardware in all rooms provides a nice cohesive them throughout the home that appeals to buyers.
- Re-caulk sinks and tubs - A fresh caulk job makes sinks and tubs appear to be newer even if they're not. It can also cover unsightly stains that no one wants.
- Buy matching front panels for appliances - Even if your applicances don't match you can make them appear the same by changing to front panels that are coordinated. Not only will they look like they belong together, but any wear and tear will not be noticable as with old panels that may have scratche and dents.
- Deep clean entire home - Cleaning the entire home from top to bottom will provide a fresh look and convey to buyers that you've taken care of your home. Buyers will notice dust where you don't clean and smells that you've become used to (like pet odors or that fish you cooked last night).
- Purchase new shades for old lamps - Dust collects on lamp shades and over time lamp shades become discolored. Fresh shades can make old lamps look new.
- Purchase new faucets - Water stains can be difficult to get rid of and new faucets can give any sink or tub a facelift.
- Provide home warranty - A home warranty provides you with protection againts costly repairs that may be needed during the process of listing and selling your home. It also provides the buyer with peace of mind when making an offer. Ask your realtor for more details, pricing, and packages offered.
- Upgrade carpeting - Replace area rugs and have any wall-to-wall carpet professionally cleaned. You may be surprised to find out what color your carpet really is!
Ten and done! Now we can list your home. Next step is to visit my website for a home valuation.